- (2 Tablespoons) olive oil
- (2 pounds) Stew Meat
- (to taste) Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- (1 pound) baby red potatoes, quartered
- (4) carrots, cut diagonally into 1/2" thick slices
- (1) onion, diced
- (3) cloves of garlic, minced
- (3 cups) beef broth
- (2 Tablespoons) tomato paste
- (1 Tablespoon) Worcestershire sauce
- (1 teaspoon) dried thyme
- (1 teaspoon) dried rosemary
- (1 teaspoon) smoked paprika
- (2) bay leaves
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Season beef with salt and pepper, to taste. Add beef to the skillet and cook until evenly browned, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Place beef, potatoes, carrots, onion and garlic into a 6-qt slow cooker. Stir in beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire, thyme, rosemary, paprika, and bay leaves until well combined; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Cover and cook on low heat for 8 hours